I am so glad you are joining my class. This is one of my favorite classes to teach. It opens the door into the world of quilting without feeling like you must know how to doodle. I hold your hand and help you with the walking foot and quilting several quilt sandwiches. This will be lots of fun!
Please read below before you join us….
The class will be hosted in a private group on Facebook you can access here Course is over 3 hours long divided into 3 sessions of Prework and One main class. Watch class as many times as you like. Stop, rewind and play at your leisure.
TO GAIN ACESS INTO THE GROUP. YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR ORDER NUMBER. IF YOU DO NOT. YOU. WILL. NOT. GET. ACCEPTED. INTO. THE. GROUP.
Prework & Supplies needed BEFORE class. *Please read prior to attending class*
- Clean and oil your machine prior to class. Have a FRESH needle. Suggested needles include
- The book of course! Gigi will be using the Walk Book you can purchase here.
- The Even Feed presser foot a.k.a. Walking Foot.. If you have a TL machine you will need this one. If you have a computerized machines, you will need this one.
- A marking tool. Such as a frixion pen (6-pack and 12-pack), a chaco liner, or an aqua pen.
- Curved pins or Basting Spray. Basting spray is preferred.
- Gecko Gloves: AKA quilting gloves. I like to cut finger tips off.
- A ruler to draw a straight line. An 18 inch ruler is a nice size and then a smaller one like 6 inches is so nice to have to create markings.
- Guide Bar: (If you don’t have your guide bar grab one here: Quilt Guide for Walking Foot (Even Feed) – Juki TL Machines
- Quilt Sandwiches 2-4 Approximately 12×18 in size with a low loft cotton batting 14×20 . Please use quality fabric such a solid Michael Miller fabric. Baste them with basting sprays. That is my preferred method. You can also use curved pins.
- Glide 40W Thread
- A seam gauge is handy to have during class too such as the magnetic sewing gauge or the swing gauge
- Blue tape is fun to have and so easy to use, but not necessary.
- A notebook, a highlighter and pen during class.
- Please make sure you have your walking foot installed and your knee lift if available for class. Get to know that foot INSTALLATION PRIOR to class.
- A cup of tea, coffee or a glass of wine to hang with me! Maybe, some jelly beans or M&M’s too. :)- If you have any questions feel free to call me at 813-376-5015 and ask for Gigi.